My Nagios Wishlist
- Support for external CSS
- Better Algorithms to create status map
- Circular Status map
- becomes way too cluttered for complex setups
- it should be possible to draw status map with different center nodes (optionally leaving off the map part in between the selected host and the root)
- Tree Map
- Map quickly becomes way too wide
- check_host: Plugin which will send an arbitrary packet (icmp echo, tcp SYN) to a host and returns OK if _any_ response (including “ICMP prohibited” or TCP RST) is received from the host IP to check host presence in cases where ICMP is filtered by a firewall.
- contrib plugins: move each plugin to its own subdirectory to ease selective bulding
- Wrapper Script that allows easy connection between send_nsca and a Nagios plugin: send_nsca expects the return value of the plugin on the command line, interface code is necessary.
- nsca: Hack send_nsca to call the plugin itself, taking plugin output and exit code in the appropriate way, eliminating the need for a glue script
nagioswishlist.txt · Last modified: 2006-07-19 09:03 by zugschlus